When: Saturday 18 May 2019 (8am – 3pm) & Sunday 19 May 2019 (6am to 9am)
Where: Northern Beaches Leisure Centre
The Free Radicals Tribe is a family friendly and all ability triathlon and multi-sport group, for the Townsville region. We aim to help all individuals maintain fitness for life, not just for a race.
We are excited to announce our first 2019 Kids Come TRY-Athlon, which is a structured one day introduction to the great sport of Triathlon. This event will get your kids understanding the basic rules, tips and techniques for each of the Swim, Bike and Run, ready for their first Triathlon.
So when is it and how much?
- Dates/Times: Saturday 18 May 2019 (8am – 3pm) and Sunday 19 May 2019 (6am to 9am)
- Duration: 1.5 days with the second day providing an opportunity for them to use their new skills in an actual Triathlon designed just for them.
- Cost: $20
So what is covered?
- Theory on all disciplines
- Basic swim, ride and run techniques including how to transition
- Mounting and dismounting your bike
Who can play?
- The minimum age is 6 years old on event day
- The maximum age is 14 years old on event day
- Must be able to swim 25m unaided
- Must be able to ride a bike unassisted
What do I need to bring?
- Swimmers, towel and goggles
- Bike and helmet (non-damaged and with working clip)
- Running shoes
- Water bottle
What do you get?
- Lunch (please advise dietary requirements on registration)
- Free Radicals Tribe Water Bottle
- Free Radicals Tribe Kids Come TRY-Athlon Certificate of Completion
- Awesome skills to set you up for your first Triathlon!
This is a great way to learn the sport of Triathlon and meet new friends. With the Weet-Bix Kids Tryathlon event coming up on the Sunday 26 May 2019 as well as Townsville Triathlon Festival on Sunday 18 August 2019 & other local events this year, it is a great introduction and lead up to these events to get you ready for the starting line!